Montag, 9. Juli 2012

New Moon for Michael


Anjong,

tonight I started the second part of my asia travel. This time I teamed up with Marlena to discover foreign countries and to expirience completely (for us) strange cultures.
By thinking about everything I have learned and experienced  during my year in Korea I have to admit, that it doesn’t matter where you are in this world. Of course I thought before going to Korea, that it will be a very hard year. To live over here and to adopt the culture. But in the end I learned, that you can do so much better than you think.

Right now I am on the airplaine to Cebu (Philippines). It is close to midnight in the korean time zone and the moon is shining through the window. I never saw the moon so clear and close. The frosty temperatures in the plaine fit to the view outside. Now sometwhere between dark space and the deep ocean I feel more comfortable than ever. I don’t know why, maybe because you can think about so many things during a flight, maybe because it is the first time for a long time I don’t have to do some important or some fun stuff. I am just thinking about the last year and about all my friends.

Of course I feel a little bit sad by thinking of all the stuff I miss in Berlin, Zürich and my hometown. Everything what changes for  my friends and for my family. I think sometimes I just see their lives as a TV show. In the end I just see everything on skype and on facebook. But I can’t be with them during that time. It is like watching my favourite drama on TV, but actually they laugh, cry and grow up more and more without me.

On the other hand I met such amazing people here in Busan. And I know, that I will see their lives in about 4 weeks like another new show on „Real-TV“. It is kind of confusing to me, because I would really love to see all my friends at the same time, but I can’t.

If somebody would ask me where I wanna spent my life I could not answer the question. Seriously I had to think about this for infinity! But the question with whom I wanna spent my life  would be very very easy. It would be a long list, but I could answer in the end.

Furthermore I am really curious about all the people I don’t know in the world. I never pictured me finding so good friends in Korea. But that makes me ask myself if there are people maybe in Australia, Norway or maybe Transilvania conquering my heart as fast as they did.

I know, that every goodbye is hard and with every goodbye there is a new beginning and I am honestly thrilled while thinking about my life in Berlin again, even because John will join me in the big city, but I was a little bit afraid, that I can’t enjoy this.

In the end everything will be okay and I will be so happy to be with my friends and family! So I don’t have to be afraid or sad!

After writing this the moon disappeared behind a thick wall of clouds and so I hope that I will keep all the clearness I had while watching him. It is important to know, that people will stay in your life as long as you keep them in your heart. It doesn’t matter where you are, even if it is more comfortable to be with them.

Thank you moon!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen